Old 05-15-16, 09:06 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Pole Line Stand
Yes, I guess that's what I'm really trying to ascertain. I remember (I'll look up) a Free Lap tutorial on YT showcasing the unit with BMX bikes. Their advertising accuracy within hundredths of a second. To me I thought it would make a good backup for hand timers. We want it for training trials legitimacy. If the margin of error is significant then I don't think it would be very useful.
Thanks for your input. Also, I wish I could hit 42.5 mph.
I'm not saying it's not possible. I guess I'm saying verify and test (if possible) before you buy.

The only electronic timing systems that I have direct experience with (that weren't handheld) were DIY systems made by engineers in their free time. One of which I was very familiar with. It involved a custom programming, an Arduino board, and a Ditch Witch to run electronic wires underground to various points of the track. Not for the faint of heart

BTW, I've made an iOS app that does this. It's more sophisticated than a normal stopwatch. It's designed for track training and racing. Search for "track cycling time trial stopwatch" in the Apple App Store.

I'm trying to be careful and not advertise it but more so offer it as a possible solution to your problem. If you want, I can give you a free promo code to use it.