Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11412 Post(s)
Liked 4,775 Times in 2,775 Posts
Originally Posted by valygrl
Nice work LAJ!

Same races for me this weekend.

Stunk up the TT at Hess, 8th/9 in the Sw3. Then did my first TTT with a friend on a different team, she races masters so we did the MW50+. We had practiced one time using some help from a very reliable source (you know who you are, thank you) and our communication plan worked great. She pulled more of the down, I pulled more of the up, and we beat our only competition by ~4 minutes.

Sunday I raced masters again, due to weather/time of day - the cat 3 race was at rain o'clock. Tiny field (3) but we raced with the 4's so not too lonely. One of the masters crashed herself out for no reason, the other was looking ok, and it wasn't too hard to stay with the 4's. Then 12 minutes in, no front shifting. ... Oh yes I did ... Low battery on my di2. Stuck in the little ring. Rear shifting still worked. Wow I'm an idiot. So, I knew there was no way I was going to contest a sprint, so my only hope was getting rid of the other master in the climb. Lucky for me, other girls were also trying to make the climb hard, and it was ok for me but the other master disappeared at about 3 to go. I tried to stay with the group but on the last time on the flat straightaway before the finish, the lack of a big ring did me in, and I rolled in about 6th overall and 1st in my race.

That course is super cool I don't know why turnout was so low.
Well done, @valygrl!

I loaded my bike, and happened to realize my battery was still in the charger. It only takes once, and my once, I got lucky.