View Single Post
Old 05-16-16, 08:15 PM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
[/url]

This is my PLX-10, it's either from the late 50s or early 60s apparently. I bought it from a forum member and cleaned it all up. It didn't come with a derailleur and the rear hub was a flip-flop so I set it up with a VO 50.4 ring and use it occasionally as a single speed. I think an appropriate derailleur would run me more money than I put into the bike. Unfortunately the fork threads are damaged but I have 25x1 die that I'm gonna try and use to clean them up so the headset will stay tightened.

This is my other French bike, maybe it's a PX-10. I got it for 80$ and it came with Campagnolo Record hubs laced to tubular rims. I rebuilt them with stainless spokes and serviced the rest of the bike. I got repro hoods from a forum member too. I should get a more recent picture as I've thrown one of those sweet stronglight triple-izers on the front and a long cage shimano crane (blasphemous but I got 2 of them for less than half of what similar simplex go for). I did slice the rear tubular but it didn't puncture the tube, so I put some pliobond in there and I ride the bike around just waiting for the inevitable flat... but maybe this year I'll buy a pair of those 30mm bianca strada tires for this bike since it's got generous clearances.