View Single Post
Old 05-17-16, 01:14 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob_E
....... I don't drive, or at least drive very rarely. And yet, I would not define my life as limited to a circumference of my own physical limitations. I bus, I fly, I take the train. I go pretty much wherever I want. I just don't usually use a car to get there. "self-flagellation" "penance" "anguish" all sound like someone is painfully coping with the absence of a car. I certainly am not. And, yes, the title of this thread also makes it sound like some Herculean effort is required. I also don't find that to be the case.
And yet in this and similar threads... many of the posts (even in this one you just posted)... I don't find the joy. Please don't take this as criticism! That is NOT my intention.

I love cycling. I bicycle because I can. Cycling is my own, openly admitted, selfish pleasure. Cycling brings me joy and happiness. I accept any dangers (real or perceived) and discard any associated fears (as best this human can). I find others in other threads that share these same feelings in their posts. But in the LCF and A&S threads... I don't read of the joy.

Last edited by Dave Cutter; 05-17-16 at 01:19 PM.