View Single Post
Old 05-17-16, 05:45 PM
mccorpsman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bikeless Newbie

Found ya'll while trying to decide what bike I need to get to replace my recently stolen Trek SL1000. It's been a week and my butt is Jonesin to get back in the saddle. I have and old steel Motobecane back in St. Louis I get out whenever I get back there for a visit. The Trek was too small for me, but we had many thousands of miles together. I like to buy used cheap, tune them and ride. I try to do 100 miles weekly, but usually take off a couple of the coldest months. I spent a lot of time in the saddle of a Raleigh Europa 5-speed in England; did a few 100 milers and a couple "Milk Races" - never won, never finished last.

My search for reviews on the Giant Anyroad CoMax brought me to you. I just finished putting the for sale sign on my 300 Ninja. As soon as it sells I will speed to my local dealer. Your banter back and forth regarding the CoMax convinced me to purchase new and FINALLY get a bike that fits me. My SL was a 52, the Raleigh and Motobecane both 62. I can never leave well enough alone and can't wait to pile on the lights, computer, etc I'll need to commute a couple/three times a week. I also like to get out at least one day each weekend.

I'm 6'1", 180 lbs (185cm, 13 stone for all of you with Elizabeth on their money), so I plan on the large. To open up a discussion - I don't plan on skimping on a lock this time. Opinions? My only real requirement is weight; I don't want to go too heavy. I plan on putting on an Abus frame lock for when I just need to pop in to grab a latte' and right back out to enjoy it outside. I was thinking about the Kryptonite Mini Messenger+. I now have an empty office to lock the bike in at work instead of the rack out front, so the CoMax will seldom be available for thieves.