Old 05-17-16, 07:32 PM
takenreasy

Bikes: ’83 Bianchi Special ’96 Specialized Stump Jumper Comp ’09 Gary Fisher Paragon ’09 Surly Cross Check ’11 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 50 Posts
Anyone Hurt Their Foot Mashing Up a Hill?

For the past month or so I’ve been really getting into riding fixed gear. To the point my previous aversion of carrying any weight while doing so has disappeared. A few days ago I decided to hook the panniers to my rack and head out to Total Wine for a case of craft beer. I have a lot of hills that I normally ride and have gotten used to. Unfortunately, I underestimated the “hill” going to Total Wine. I had to slalom up that thing while mashing the pedals with everything I had for a good 1/3 of a mile. Then after loading the case of brew into my bags I had to deal with all the “normal” hills to get home. This required even more mashing than I’m used to because of the extra weight. So, to end my long story, my left forefoot got pretty f’d up to the point of not being able to put weight on it. It seems to be recovering but I was curious as to whether any other fixed riders have experienced this type of injury