Old 05-17-16, 09:03 PM
loky1179

Bikes: 2x Bianchi, 2x Specialized, 3x Schwinns

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
I don't enjoy driving to work in rush hour traffic . ..
Originally Posted by blackieoneshot

Embrace a slower paced life.
Originally Posted by JBHoren

Somewhere along the line I recognized "the tyranny of the auto", and understood that having one "obliged" its owner to use it
Originally Posted by P_M
This has been one of the biggest influences in my recovery from severe anxiety. I was overwhelmed by a lot of things and the car and driving in this city contributed to that.
This is one of the things that I think a lot of the population just doesn't understand, because they've never tried it, or never had the opportunity to try. It's like in the Matrix . . people have this feeling . .. there is something wrong with the world. Then, when you start taking mass transit, you figure it out. Driving is super stressful!

The "How" was getting a bus pass. But the elimination of the stressful drive is the hook that keeps me going, even though transit may at times take longer.

White knuckle drive, with everyone trying to cut you off, tailgating, texting, nobody using their signal, nobody letting you in when you need to change lanes, the worry that some idiot is going to crash into you - and they are ALL idiots! - and I can get home in 45 minutes.

OR, I get some exercise, walk 20 minutes to the bus stop, then relax on the bus for 40 minutes.