Old 05-19-16, 09:21 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by oldnslow2
January 2105 I was faced with that decision. Replace my 2001 Civic with 235,000 miles or upgrade to a better bike. The bike won and I purchased a Trek Emonda SLR... love it.

So yesterday my Civic, now with 260,000 miles, started to overheat. Winds up its got a bad head gasket... so now it's time for the car.

Bummer, sure glad I made the right decision and had my priorities in order.

Unfortunate i'll now be in violation of Rule #25 .
Funny< I am now in Violation myself. For years I drove my old 2000 Tahoe because we traveled and I need to pull a trailer. My wife's health has slowed that down some and we hadn't traveled out of state for some time. Then I started having some problems with the truck and after two major fixes we decided to sell it and the trailer and get a smaller car.

One day I came home with a Honda Fit and parked out front. I went into the house and walked my bike back out to roll it into the back of the fit with the seats down. Once it was clear that I could get the bike in and close the rear hatch I put the bike back inside the house and went and bought the Fit. But at lest I got the car because my bike
Fit in the Fit.