Old 05-20-16, 07:24 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Flinstone
95% of all tax payers will never check out that copy of War and Peace at the library. 95% will likely never drive down 43th at Vine, so how can someone who does demand the potholes get fixed? 95% will never need that police officer who patrols the upper 12th ward. 95% of everything you've said here sounds vaguely like logic but simply is not.

Cyclists pay their share. They aren't asking anyone else to anymore than the person who lives on 43rd is asking anyone else to fix their potholes. I know you'll say something silly like "drivers don't all use that road but they use some road". And drivers don't all use that paved pedestrian/cycling surface , but they use some paved surface. Just as they CAN use 43rd street, they CAN use the bike pavement, with an initial investment equal to a tank of gas or two (or a pair of shoes). I don't demand much bike pavement though, just to make it possible to cross busy bridges and highways, and for some multi-mode parkway paths that everyone benefits from.
Your logic is flawed. The cop situation while it may be true that 95% (example only since we don't have any clue what the percentage is, but I can play along), the cops keep a city safer which is something that benefits everyone, the cops will come to assist you whenever you need them for whatever reason at just a phone call away and you can't place a percentage number on that, and the list goes on and on; the same is true with paramedics, you may not ever call them but you might and you'll be glad you paid your taxes.

Your second paragraph made no sense whatsoever, you were just rambling nonsense.