Old 05-20-16, 11:59 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Flintstone, you're the one that doesn't understand and your forum handle explains the reason very well...LOL. And narrow thinking comes from you, you seem to think your entitled to whatever you want, life isn't that simple, but you want to keep on playing this stupid game to make a point you have completely failed at doing so. Whatever man. And why are you getting so angry about an opinion, one by the way that is shared by others here, but for whatever reason you attack me instead of others, an opinion is an opinion that is all, and to get angry over that is just highly immature. And you still write in a manner that is like a space cadet, your thoughts ramble on with little forethought, like a drunken sailor.
I've always found that you guys who get deep into personality politics always insult other people with what you are doing. I'm liberal so I end up arguing with liberals and thought it was liberals doing it, then added someone conservative on my facebook feed and they do the same thing, then I was talking to a libertarian in real life and guess what same thing...

Sometimes it provokes people into thinking about it and talking about it, but it's always the bizarre "accuse everyone else of thinking like I do". Especially online.

I ran across an article that illustrates what ticks me off about your line of thinking so much -
https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/0...tech-companies

A Third Of Cash Is Held By 5 US Tech Companies
Moody's Investors Service released an analysis Friday that shows Apple, Microsoft, Alphabet, Cisco Systems, and Oracle are sitting on $504 billion, which is roughly 30% of the $1.7 trillion in cash and cash equivalents held by U.S. non-financial companies in 2015. Almost all of their earnings ($1.2 trillion) are stashed overseas in an effort to avoid paying taxes on moving profits back to the U.S. under the country's complex tax code. Apple has more than 90 percent of its money located outside of the U.S., according to its most recent filings. Moody's said in its report that "we expect that overseas cash balances will continue to grow unless tax laws are changed to encourage companies to repatriate money." Some of the other tech and Silicon Valley companies in the top 50 include Intel, Gilead Sciences, Facebook, Amazon, Qualcomm, eBay, Hewlett-Packard and Yahoo.
This is the usual political trick of divide and conquer. One group has say $98, they don't want people with less money to come after them. So they hire people to convince one group of people with $1 that it's the other group of people with $1 that are the "real" source of their problems. Get them to project all their anger at feeling trapped onto each other so they don't come after the $98.

That's nice that you'd either like us smaller folks to have additional costs to pay for bike trails, but I view bike trails as one of the few things I get back from the large taxes I pay in that large companies mostly seem to avoid.

Also would like to see that same fervor regarding roads. Look at who benefits from roads:
- Large companies need roads so customers can buy their products
- Large companies need roads so their employees can get to work
- Large companies need roads to trade with other large companies the materials they need to produce their products
- People need roads to get to work
- People need roads to see friends, get their kids to school (also benefits the companies), etc

So what's your plan for taking the more of the burden off the people buying cars, and getting companies to pay more of their fair share for the roads that they benefit so much from? Seems like the average joe is paying far more than his fair share for the road system, but a lot of the benefits of the road system are enjoyed by large companies.

Last edited by PaulRivers; 05-21-16 at 12:04 AM.