View Single Post
Old 05-21-16, 03:41 PM
Co1Ev

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chinese Carbon Rims

I've been mulling over the idea of investing in some deep section wheels for a little while, but as is the case of many my budget doesn't quite stretch to the likes of Zipp/HED/etc, not even second hand. So the idea came about of buying some Chinese carbon rims and building them up with DA/Phil Wood hubs or the like for a considerably lower price.

Now there's a lot to say in regards to Chinese carbon road wheels, but not so much track. What are you thoughts on this, would you trust them? Anybody done this themselves? Been searching around for some accounts specifically in relation to track wheels but they're few and far between.

I've come across a couple of sellers that offer warranties of at least a year, which puts my mind at ease a little. The question of ethics doesn't come into play as I wouldn't be buying straight knock offs, just unbranded parts. It's my understanding that many named brands source their materials from foreign factories/suppliers so what's the harm in essentially buying direct?