Old 05-22-16, 08:57 AM
T Stew

Bikes: All 80s Schwinns: 88Prologue, 88Circuit, 88Ontare, 88KOM, 86SS, 88Tempo, 88V'ger, 80V'ger, 88LeTour, 82LTLuxeMixte, 87 Cimarron, 86H.Sierra, 92Paramount9c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by drlogik
I would get cycling shoes before a buying a jersey but after buying some padded cycling shorts. Cycling shorts, in my opinion makes a HUGE difference. Cycling shoes rank right up there though. The next progression would be toe-clips. Once you go there you'll be hooked for life. You have been warned.
I don't doubt there is some efficiency gain with cycling shoes but have to question just how much difference there is, plus that doesn't always mean it's better. If your cycling to stay in shape like I mainly do maybe doing something with a bit more inefficiency is simply more training. Unless you're planning on winning a race I don't see the big deal. Plus some disadvantages too. Likewise people make a big deal about jerseys and shorts, and that is a topic for other discussions but I can't say I see any big advantage there either other than looking the part. I think a lot of it is simply individual preference and what your body and mind is used to.