View Single Post
Old 05-22-16, 09:41 AM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 284 Posts
Beautiful Saturday. Greet and ride with fellow CR list and BF members in Whitewater, WI. Host Earle Y. had donuts and coffee to fuel us at the start. As usual, there were some pretty machines, vintage and modern. From a pair of Lightspeed's ti's, neato Schwinn Volare, a Viking complete w/ Ideale 90 ally rail saddle, stealth invisible to radar 14 lbs. CF weapon, and I captained the old Santana tandem.

Pretty area, rural / countryside rolling roads. Terrific company, we kept an enjoyable fun pace for conversation. No mishaps other than Big Chainring breaking a Sedis chain on his Viking. He lives up to his moniker!

Post ride, a few of us stayed for an excellent luncheon at one of Earle's choice select Italian eatery back in Whitewater. While readying to saddle up I noted the tandem had a rear flat. Drat's. We kicked the idea around of further riding but with our belly's full, ended up going over to Earle's place, changed out the tube and mostly for show and tell. I'll leave Earle to pipe in on his projects, but oh my, he has some very cool to spectacular builds. And I cheer him on for his bold vintage fixed rides. Let's just say, big wide tall Dugast stuffed into a K. Anderson 'freshly' and stunning painted Gitane TdF........ fixed baby....hehe. He's riding it but still doing the tweaks and change outs.

Sorry no pics from me though others had taken some. Maybe they can share them.

Thanks for the terrific time Earle. I look forward to meeting again and riding that area, including the mention of off-road. BTW: Earle awarded me with a super neat, very much vintage, large scale 70's Campagnolo decal. Most kind of him.

Scott, Skip, Earle, Paul, Norm, Peter and on far right, help me remember...?? Kneeling up front is Rick

Last edited by crank_addict; 05-22-16 at 10:02 AM.