View Single Post
Old 05-24-16, 02:34 PM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baron von trail
lol...

No, I tend to like knowing the C for no other reason than that I am somewhat of a geek. I have the obvious benchmarks in my head:
0C is 32, 10 is 50, 20 is 68, etc.

So, from there, I know it's 9 degrees F for every 5 C. Working out the exact number is where the exercise comes in. But, I can't do decimals in my head very well, at least not with any more precision than 1/4 fractions.

Sometimes I think of ex girlfriends and wives while I ride. Ranking them in order: Best legs, best boobs, prettiest face, best over all package, best talent...

Wives?

I think I feel sorry, I am not sure I could do multiple wives.

I also do math in my head. I like to practice long division and big number multiplication.

I will certainly talk to myself about things; watch out for this guy, pedal harder, come on you can catch this guy, okay coast you won't make this light, those types of things.

When I used to swim in HS and university I used to talk to myself, in Spanish. I used to have practice conversations all through HS which really helped me learn the language. I also used to think through my research and it helped me to structure my approaches and clarify my conclusions.