View Single Post
Old 05-24-16, 03:31 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Originally Posted by providencebikes
its a cassette, its 11-28 , shimano / sram , and the 1st 2 cogs snapped off the pins it still works i just have 5 gears , the exact replacement is 15 bucks ... i was wondering if any one out there is a experienced gear builder and had a recommendation on a better replacement ,, seeing as its an older 90s bike it has grip shifters , 3 on the left , 7 speeds on the right , i love this bike its so dope to me , anyway , i really need to know where would you go to build your own custom cassette so i could upgrade my gears and not just buy another replacement i know i will snap because its cheap , , and even its an 8 speed ill be fine if its better .....

ALSO its the hyper glide system so i think maybe any 8 speed hg cassette might fit and what i really want is a 11- 32 7 speed 8 speed if need be i have found sram pg- cassettes but i dont know if they will replace a hg cassette system thing ....., but i see that most 8 speed hg series will still only give me 11- 28 range ill have to settle for a 11 - 28 bloopity blooop whop cares a ma jigger nuts replacement part 2x

and final notes the spacing says sram/shim so i thin the only issue with fittin on the hub is the spacing comaptititntlyibility !!!! so are all sram/shim style rear hubs the same and will accept any shim or sram brand cassette or cassette made to fit sram / shim spaced hubs **********???!!!!!!!!!!!
None of that makes any sense to me. Sorry.