Old 05-25-16, 11:41 PM
birru

Bikes: 1990 Specialized Hardrock Sport, 2007 Pinarello Galileo 105, 2014 Raleigh Cadent 2, 2017 Jamis Renegade Expert

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sstorkel
Which steel drop-bar road bikes available at an LBS include a carbon fork? Specialized, Felt and Cannondale don't seem to sell any steel road bikes. Trek and Felt sell steel touring bikes, which come with steel forks. REI's Novara line-up include three steel bikes (Safari, Mazama, Randonee) all of which include steel forks. Jamis is about the only option for a steel frame that comes standard with a carbon fork. The Quest Elite and Quest Comp are possibilities, though it looks like the closest Jamis dealer is over an hour from the OP.
Based on my limited knowledge the Jamis Quest Elite sort of stands alone as far as a light/not heavy steel road bike with a carbon fiber fork. The Fairdale Goodship REALLY interested me, but I had zero luck finding a shop that carried it less than a couple of hours away. It's also expensive. The Lemond Washoe looks hot too, but you'll never find that in a shop. And it's even more expensive. There are plenty of other steel road bikes with CF forks, but based on my limited knowledge they're all a pound or two heavier, but not enough to bother me personally: Kona Roadhouse, Salsa Colossal, Raleigh Grand Vitesse, Bianchi Vigorelli (carbon blades).