Old 05-27-16, 03:03 AM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett2
He's not being misled. He asked about steel and carbon fiber bikes. Those are two examples and what they weigh. The only reason I posted that is because you said steel bike are 4-5 lbs heavier and I clearly proved they are not.
No, I did not. As a point of fact, which you seem to have a tenuous grasp on, I didn't say anything about weight until after you posted your two bogus photos. At no time did I say that a steel bike was 4-5 pounds heavier than a carbon bike (that was your buddy dr_lha). Why don't you find the sentence where I did talk about weight differences (should be easy: I posted it twice) and post it again, just so we both know what was said and how poor your reading comprehension is?

BTW, feel free to put some pedals, a bottle cage, hydraulic disc brakes, and an Ultegra Di2 gruppo on that Gunnar and post another picture of it. I'm guessing the scale reads 20 pounds, not 18 and change...

Here's a 9.94 lb steel bike:
How much does it cost? Does it fit within the OP's $1200-2000 budget (judging by the $900+ carbon crank, I'd guess not)? Is it Clyde approved? Which LBS can I go to for a test-ride?

Can you show me a carbon fiber framed bike that is 4-5 lbs less than that? Hell, can you show me a carbon fiber framed bike that even weighs less than that?
Can you show me a steel bike that weighs that little? Weight-wise that's a carbon bike: carbon seat post, carbon saddle, carbon cranks, carbon wheels, carbon handlebar, carbon fork, and even carbon chain rings. The brake and stem are aluminum while the pedals are titanium.

Plenty of steel bikes come with carbon forks.
Do they? Give me some examples that I can find at my LBS. The Jamis Quest has already been mentioned. Are there any others that don't involve buying a frame and paying $$$$ for a custom build?