View Single Post
Old 05-30-16, 10:05 AM
camjr

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring, 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 hybrid, 2000 Mongoose S2000 MTB, 2009 Schwinn Jaguar beach cruiser

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 99 Posts
Great shots everyone. I've been gone from the page waaaay too long, spending most of my fitness time in the gym doing cardio and strength training but still getting out for an occasional ride. When it's less than 70 degrees with some clouds and drizzle on Memorial Day in Texas, I had to get outside and go for a ride on my 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1. Here are a few things seen while out and about today...

Here are a few shots of the Lewisville Lake while riding on some of the roads and greenbelts. We've had a LOT of rain lately, so it's nice and full heading into the heat of the summer.

An example of widely varied modes of transportation. It's certainly easier to enjoy a couple of beers on one than the other...

It is Memorial Day in the USA, after all. For those of you in other countries, today is the day we honor those that have given the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country.

The new space in our historic downtown area is a nice place to take a break...

Unfortunately, I was a bit early to grab some bbq and a beer. I need to time my rides better in the future!

I stopped to talk to a gentleman that I learned was down on his luck and homeless at present. He said one of the things he made sure to keep was his road bike. I was able to top off his tires and lube his chain, and help him out with a couple of Cliff Bars. While going through a tough patch, he had a great attitude. As far as what he had in his bottle carrier, he didn't offer, and I didn't ask...

My ride for the day. The original equipment Vera CityWide 700x32 tires with about 1500 miles on them did great in the wet today. It definitely needs a deep cleaning after today's ride. Cheers!

Last edited by camjr; 05-30-16 at 10:13 AM.