RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
It's not your breath or BO.
People are just like that. They get in a rut and just don't realize it. And they don't think about or don't care that they have gotten fatter or lazier.

Pete, I'm in a similar situation where I work. The first day I rode to work no one noticed. A few people just looked at this strange-looking dude wearing the funny tight shorts coming in the door.
Who is that masked man??
Now I have a small "welcoming committee" that greets me at the door. They can't believe I ride all that way. One of the women (younger than me and quite a bit heavier) lives near my neighborhood and says she wouldn't dare ride that far.

My manager keeps talking about cycling to work. He talks about the "good old days" when he rode a lot. But now that he is older (37) he just can't break out of his rut! Too bad for him. It's his loss. But I keep encouraging him and he keeps asking me about my bikes and where I ride on the weekends.

Ron

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.