View Single Post
Old 05-31-16, 08:38 AM
trivium91

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 GT Karakorum any Good?

Hey guys im wondering if the bike I have is any good? What I was reading about 29" tires seemed to appeal to me and so far im loving it. I find them a lot more smooth compared to my older 26" bike. At any rate I picked up the bike for $400 CAD lightly used. Since the frame is the same as their more $$$ bikes I figure it would be good to build on no? I found the promax hydraulics really suck and just bought a shimano M355 kit for $100 which I feel you cant go wrong. Mostly riding on trails/gravel roads and pavement, no jumps or anything crazy and I don't ride everyday. I wanted something nice to take down trails when I go camping since quads are not allowed in most provincial parks. I guess my main question is, is this bike worth upgrading such as getting a new fork down the road. Also I was looking at the Shimano SLX drivetrain kits for around $300 on chain reaction. Would something like this be worth it? My only thought is that the wheels and frame are the same as their more expensive ones, after I spend that money it would bring me to about $1000 and I would end up with a niccer bike than the Karakorum elite. Not to mention that even the better bikes all have the crappy suntour forks unless you spend over $1000, mine has the Lowest XTC-HLO but I don't see the XTM-HLO and the small upgrades for each model much of an upgrade especially if I get a better fork off the hop it would be better to get the cheapest right?

for refrenc thiss long term

Last edited by trivium91; 05-31-16 at 08:50 AM.