View Single Post
Old 05-31-16, 10:36 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Weekend was too much everything- alcohol, food, inactivity. I did re-read Michael Hutchinson's Faster, which was interesting, given that I initially read it before I ever raced a TT. It was all a little more relate-able now.

Sweet to be back on the bike, if only JRA on the TT bike. Got 25ish miles in around dawn with a friend who had technical issues with all three of her lights. And she managed to drop her chain too. So I rode hard for a bit, realized she was off the back, then rode easy or in circles waiting for her. We went through that process a few times.

Did I mention that it felt good to be back on the bike??

I signed up for a century ride with some friends for this weekend. Just realized yesterday that I haven't ridden 100 miles in a single ride since last Oct, and that was a pretty lackluster effort. My biggest ride YTD is 70 miles. Should be interesting, because this one ends with an easy 8 mile climb- its only 3%. But it will be very hot this weekend and I'm going to try to make time early in the day. No way around it though, I'll be climbing that last hill with 90 miles in my legs in the heat of the day. Haha, we will see if I get defeated by an easy-ish century ride.