Old 05-31-16, 04:58 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 283 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Definitely subscribing to your thread C_A, this looks like a fantastic build opportunity, and I agree with your way of doing things and attitude, 100%. One of the men the influenced my cycling early on, and he was our local clubs go to guy, always wanted to do a complete build with Zeus components. He always insisted that he liked their quality and appearance more than any other marque (I respectfully disagreed, while quietly working on my Campag stuff.) Your crankset looks absolutely pristine, unused stuff it appears. Good choice there, I don't think the NR/SR mechs will look out of place either.

And my recent build has similarities to your Super, even has the same Mavic GP 4 tubulars. Please keep posting reports, I am jazzed about all the recent builds going on here.

Bill
Thanks Bill~
I get it for those seeking era and respect matched bits but I'm not following exact to that thinking for this project.

Beginning with the seat post, I've had enough with the two bolt Campy cradle / rail clamp type and all those extra pieces. I even gave away a copied designed Zeus version. Oh well its all hindsight.

In its place is a Campy 4051 with fluting. I like the non-aero for this application and single bolt. Though I hated the hex bolt. So, in went a titanium tapered socket head, same wrench size to fit the Cinelli cockpit hardware. Did I ruin the value or do I go straight to purgatory over this? Maybe, but its worth it.

The weight of the Brooks Swallow is its downside but I think this seatpost helps a bit of the deficit. But I now got a bonus! I have an old Bottecchia mish-mash that had some crappy seat post hardware but now this bolt out of the Campy seatpost fits and looks perfect in that old bikes seat cluster. I'm just as happy that the old Bottecchia now has a steel and clunky Campy bolt to match the Velox changer....woo-hoo!

Last edited by crank_addict; 05-31-16 at 05:13 PM.