Thread: My geek thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-16, 04:38 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Dealing with the "partners" that I had to sign up with to do my last consulting gig. They are the go between for me and the multinational company I am working for. And the "partners" are totally incompetent and fraudulent. I have expressed my displeasure to the company that hired me. In the past it was straightforward: I did the work, they paid me, I got a 1099 and it was up to me to deal with taxes. With these folks I think they have it set up to pocket any excess "self-employment" taxes I might pay. I will max out Social Security payments elsewhere and yet they take out the "self-employment" amount for both me and the "business" side out of disbursements as if I need to pay full freight for Social Security. I keep asking about records about the "business" side when doing my taxes as I should get it all back and all I get is the run around.

I am not that pissed off about making the US Government a loan until I file my taxes, but I am really pissed off about this company stealing my money and telling me it is a service they are providing. Hell, they are already skimming over 4% off the top before this as a service charge.

Yeah, I am pissed off.