WalksOn2Wheels
Vain, But Lacking Talent

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.9 DA 9000, Trek Crockett Pink Frosting w/105 5700

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
I get few raises, and actually took a pay cut on paper to come here. That said, once I decided to stay here, I sold all my manufacturer specific scan tools, and paid off the Snap On truck account. All the rest went to Mrs. LAJ to do her savings and budget magic. Once I settled in here, I realized how much free time I gained, and that's worth more than one could imagine. Plus, the tool payments and the big one time expenses to keep abreast of auto technology stopped, which was a big ol yearly raise. What looks like less on paper could really be a whole lot more.
Exactly. I could be making a little bit more right now at Lockheed Martin or L3, but it would require an awful commute and a higher stress work load with likely more overtime. Screw that. I live less than ten miles from work and I think we did one or two Saturday sessions near the end of last year, but that was it. Plus, we get a nice holiday bonus as well as the occasional random performance bonus after busy months. That and we take off from Christmas Eve to after New Year's Day. Totally worth making a touch less for all that.