Old 06-06-16, 08:05 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by exmechanic89
Personally I wouldnt feel right asking someone to facilitate a bike I was gonna flip..
Nah, I'd never ask someone to facilitate on a bike I was going to refurb and sell to a stranger, with the exception of the two bikes I had to round up for a preschool charity auction last year (netted over $1k for the school!). I had a specific person in mind this would be perfect for, possibly two, the primary of those two has higher end taste and a huge distaste for anything Simplex w/Delrin, if this were one or two models above where I thought it was, it would've been a grail bike for him.

Maybe I'm an oddball, most of the bikes I buy have a specific recipient in mind before dropping the cash. Easier to sell a bike when you have buyers you know in mind already, and alleviates the hassle of dealing with CL, which is just somewhere I don't go to sell bikes anymore. As long as I space things out and only buy bikes for myself every 3rd or 4th purchase, it keeps the wife off my case

I will say: Selling to friends, family & acquaintances has numerous benefits if your work is solid, it's typically a no-haggle transaction and I can manage to get a realistic premium out of it to refill the consumables bins in the shop. Nice way to check your work when you're only a call or text away, too...