View Single Post
Old 06-07-16, 07:27 AM
gster

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1030 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Narsinha
^ Line seed oil is a very good means to conserve the Patina, and still make it look very nice. It dries over time, so after polishing it will not soil your clothes.

If you really want to conserve iron or steel, and even make it paintable, there is nothing like microchrystalline waxes. In Germany I use 'Kadosin', but it is meanwhile hard to come by – like all good working things.
I have written a lengthy paper about how it works and how to apply, so if anyone is interested? Would have to translate it though, all in german

Have got two domed nuts for the rear axle, but certainly not the original ones with the "R". Unbelievable what prices those nuts fetch theses days. Maybe someone should start production of such nuts..

Anyway i hope the "clonk" will be gone when i assemble all. Chain and chainwheels are aligned, tension is ok if a bit slack, but then i heard it should better be that way. If it still produces those sounds i will have to disassemble the rear hub once more. Arrgh.

Next site: Headset. Has too much play ..
You're right. You don't want the chain super tight, there should be a little "play" in it.