View Single Post
Old 06-08-16, 12:08 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18377 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
A long time ago in my early days on BF I mentioned an incident with a pickup truck. A couple of posters wasted no time in taking me to task for "profiling" pickup drivers. I didn't mean to do that and walked back my comments, but after many years here, its clear that there is something majorly wrong with pickup drivers as a group. I don't want to hear anyone defend them anymore. I'm fed up with the culture of lawlessness and indifference to social norms that pervades that sector of humanity. That driver should never again see daylight. Others who don't commit mass murder, but commit grievous bodily injury to innocent cyclists and peds should be made to kneel as their licenses are set on fire and burned to ashes before their eyes.
Not all pickup drivers are bad. Not all pickup drivers drink and drive. But, there is a certain group of "rednecks" driving pickups who make a bad name for pickups, SUVs, and similar vehicles.

I agree that guy probably should never drive anything bigger than a golfcart again.