Old 06-08-16, 08:54 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by FullGas
an amazing number of anecdotal accounts of people being confronted about their choice of bicycle and/or attire.

in my entire cycling experience, I've never ONCE witnessed this type of behavior
I dunno, I'm getting hammered pretty good over in the Touring forum for thinking it is acceptable to carry jeans for off-bike activities on a bike tour...

Originally Posted by Oldguyonoldbike
I used to work with a guy from southern Italy who had a very healthy attitude towards life. He would often say:

"If someone tells you that you have a big nose, and you have a big nose, well, why get angry?
If, on the other hand someone tells you that you have a big nose and you don't have a big nose, why get angry, because you know you don't have a big nose."

I like my bikes. I dress however I want. I'm a happy guy.
You like your bike. Dress however you want. Enjoy your bike and be happy. If someone else has anything to say about it, well, it really is their problem.
On those same lines, one of the few bits of advice I remember from grade school is a teacher that always told the class "If it isn't something that will still be bothering you five years from now, it isn't worth getting upset about now"