Old 06-09-16, 05:34 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
I remember you saying once that you use tire liners and never get flats, so why do you have so much experience changing them?

Also, you pay way too much for tubes. I don't even pay $10 for latex tubes. The last batch I bought, I got them for $7/ea.

Lastly, chill the f' out. I've never seen someone so up in arms over bike tubes before.

Edit to add: I'm trying out road tubeless this weekend after picking up some Pro1's for $45/ea

Whatever will I do then. Your tube patching method won't work if I get a flat? Guess I'll need to throw a tube in.
I use tire liners on only my rear tires on both my commuter bike and my touring bike, both of those should be obvious to you why just those two bikes and not my other bikes.

Regardless, how is using liners prevent me from knowing how to patch a tube? LOL.

Up in arms? settle down Francis, my first paragraph in your quote of me was simply instructions to others, you excepted because you think I don't know what I'm talking about, on how to fix a flat faster that most people don't realize can be done the way I do it and the way people use to do many many years ago.

My second paragraph was simply an opinion about latex tubes, I know a lot of people here use them, I don't care, and never said I did.

My third paragraph was again instructions on how I use to patch latex tubes, again information not meant for you because you don't like someone giving you useful instructions.

My forth paragraph was again stating an opinion in regards to cheap tubes that I have bought and my experiences with those and the problems associated with them.

So you're the one that needs to settle down and quit getting excited about something that isn't there.