Old 06-09-16, 07:48 PM
globecanvas
Ninny

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I think it'd also be significant to save/track penalties.

There's no system for tracking penalties right now. Once your penalty is served you're clean. No past record. I've said this before - I could get a few guys together and we could take turns basically wiping out the field on the last turn of a crit, go in first and second wheel, second wheel guy just jams on his brakes and swerves 3-5 feet to the inside or outside. 20 day suspension for abrupt movement. We do it again. We take turns wiping out the field. According to the rules, according to the way officials have punished past offenders, this wouldn't be a season ending kind of thing. To do that on a Sunday, then again 2 Tuesdays later, and then keep racing? Okay, fine, maybe in total each of us takes out 3 fields, maybe 12 races total (4 riders in cahoots), that's most of a season, maybe 3 months of crits. Plus by then a third of our competitors will be skipping races due to injuries etc so toward the end of the season things ought to be easier. But in different kits, different teams officially, maybe even different regions (where I am I think New England, NY, and MidAtlantic)... it would be a devastatingly effective way to cheat to win races.

You'd also need to be a socio/psychopath to do it.

Obviously this is just a thought experiment, but in the age of social media I think you get 2, maybe 3 tries tops before everybody in the country knows you you are.