DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally posted by dazco
Have you tried the Panaracers? I read a lot of reviews on a lot of tires and the Panaracers reviews impressed me.
I've been riding the 2.1" FireXC Pros for about 5 years now. They came stock on my bike and I liked them so much, I replaced them with the same. I feel the tread pattern is a good mix for all types of terrain from hardpack and fireroads to singletrack. The tread pattern is adequate for most riding situations but they don't shed mud as quickly as some pure mud tyres because the block pattern is more closely spaced. I wouldn't advise them for extremely slick DH rocky terrain either because the compound isn't incredibly soft nor is 2.1" wide enough, IMHO. OTOH they don't wear as quickly either. I run mine between 30-35 PSI for muddy wet stuff and bump it up to 45-50 PSI if it's really dry and for pure XC type riding. I'll go higher (60-65 PSI) if I'm sticking strictly to roads or rail-to-trails.