Old 06-15-16, 01:15 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
Four and a half months isn't enough time, especially if you are not consistent with you lifting program. A diet higher in fat will help. It also helps with the absorption of protein.

you could try cutting down on mileage and see if makes a difference. You may be feeling tired just because you're riding too much.
I was thinking the same way, cutting back the miles on the bike might help me achieve the lifting goals I'm after. Those four months I worked out, I did stick with the program and it really included a solid month beforehand lifting light just to get my form down and gradually got to where I was doing 3 sets of 8 to failure. Tried mixing it up a bit in the last month but my arms were killing me and though I risked long term injury so I stopped to heal which is where I am now. I know the old saying "no pain no gain" but it was affecting my sleep. That combined with riding a couple days a week in the Florida heat plus working in a 100+ degree shop all day for work just wore me out and probably why I didn't see the gains I was expecting.

Last edited by dvdslw; 06-15-16 at 01:21 PM.