Old 06-15-16, 01:16 PM
link0

Bikes: '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw
Anyway, this is what's on my mind this morning and was hoping to hear from anyone else who may have come to the same or different conclusions. At the end of the day, I'm hoping to improve my quality of life from here on out and keep up with my two young boys (9 and 12) who keep me busy. My doctor says I'm normal so I guess I'll just make due with what I've got for now. I know this might be a sensitive topic for some but would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences if any on this topic.
I study nutrition for strength sports and bodybuilding.

Just from reading your post, you are probably not eating enough dietary fat. Eating low fat is extremely unhealthy, as your body needs fats to survive. You should be getting AT LEAST 30% of your daily calories from fat. Ideally fats with low amounts of Omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (avoid all vegetable oils such as canola, corn, soybean oils). Healthy fat sources include salmon, beef, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, real butter, and macadamia nuts. If you don't eat fish regularly, supplement with fish oil to help achieve omega 3 balance.

Also, proper sleep is extremely important for your hormone levels. Do whatever it takes to get adequate rest constantly. If that means less time cycling, then so be it.

Do NOT start T replacement therapy, unless you have exhausted all other possible causes of your low performance. You are way too young to be taking steroids.

Last edited by link0; 06-15-16 at 01:23 PM.