Old 06-15-16, 01:56 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by link0
I study nutrition for strength sports and bodybuilding.

Just from reading your post, you are probably not eating enough dietary fat. Eating low fat is extremely unhealthy, as your body needs fats to survive. You should be getting AT LEAST 30% of your daily calories from fat. Ideally fats with low amounts of Omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (avoid all vegetable oils such as canola, corn, soybean oils). Healthy fat sources include salmon, beef, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, real butter, and macadamia nuts. If you don't eat fish regularly, supplement with fish oil to help achieve omega 3 balance.

Also, proper sleep is extremely important for your hormone levels. Do whatever it takes to get adequate rest constantly. If that means less time cycling, then so be it.

Do NOT start T replacement therapy, unless you have exhausted all other possible causes of your low performance. You are way too young to be taking steroids.
Good info, thanks! I'm a bit surprised to be honest about the 30% fat daily intake. We do all of our cooking with olive oil here at home and while eating out do my best to make smart choices staying away from the deep fried stuff. Yeah, I do cheat here and there but stay strict for the most part. Love fish, especially salmon and cod but the rest of the family hates it so it doesn't appear on our plates as often as I'd like but also take 720mg of omega 3's daily (2 x 1,200mg pills).

I think the whole T replacement thing appealed to me because the Bioidentical doctors that push it really make it look like the cure all for us guys heading into middle age. I'm going focus my attention to proper diet and sleep habits for now. I never thought of testosterone replacement as steroids but that is in essence exactly what it is, crazy!