Old 06-15-16, 07:26 PM
link0

Bikes: '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw
Good info, thanks! I'm a bit surprised to be honest about the 30% fat daily intake. We do all of our cooking with olive oil here at home and while eating out do my best to make smart choices staying away from the deep fried stuff. Yeah, I do cheat here and there but stay strict for the most part. Love fish, especially salmon and cod but the rest of the family hates it so it doesn't appear on our plates as often as I'd like but also take 720mg of omega 3's daily (2 x 1,200mg pills).

I think the whole T replacement thing appealed to me because the Bioidentical doctors that push it really make it look like the cure all for us guys heading into middle age. I'm going focus my attention to proper diet and sleep habits for now. I never thought of testosterone replacement as steroids but that is in essence exactly what it is, crazy!
30% from fat is the absolute minimum. Most people do very well getting between 40-60% of their daily caloric intake from dietary fat, as long as it's the high quality healthy fats. Quality matters. And of course, try to eliminate processed food and added sugars as much as possible.

My personal macros are around 55% fat/15% protein /30% carb for a 2000 calorie day, which is a pretty moderate approach. I'll eat a bit more carbs on cardio days.