Old 06-16-16, 07:07 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw
I know, right! All I meant was the fact that I ate what you're supposed to eat while building muscle mass, high protien foods like chicken, beans, and a bunch of green veggies and salads. I stayed away from fried foods, desserts, sweets, etc...
It's impossible to build muscle without a caloric surplus. Your body needs something to build the muscle with. While you can eat a caloric surplus with foods you list, it is quite difficult to do, particularly when you're also riding. You need to consume more calories, and the easiest way to do that is to be a bit less restrictive on your diet. Try to gain 1/2 pound or so per week. And yes, you will gain a bit of fat too while doing this - it's pretty tough, if not impossible for a non-beginner to gain muscle without gaining some fat. You can tighten up your diet later to lose the fat while retaining most of your muscle gains. Please note that this is a slow process, you're not going to get huge in a couple of months, and in your 40s, its even slower.