Old 06-20-16, 02:47 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
After a week and several rides in hot, humid weather with the Baleaf padded undershorts, I'm generally satisfied.

They're pretty comfortable overall. The perineum chafing has eased up.

The rubbery thigh grippers keep the shorts in place. I'm wondering why the waistband doesn't have this feature. Maybe silicon grippers around the waistband would chafe too much.

The padding is too thick, especially around the butt bones. It's unnecessarily thick for my padded comfort saddle, and probably for most saddles. It just soaks up excessive perspiration and takes too long to air dry. While I'm sitting around after a ride having a beer, indoors or out, my nylon and lycra shorts and poly jersey dry quickly, but the butt pads feel soggy an hour later.

They handwash easily in a bucket with Woolite or other gentle detergent. No residual odor, despite being soggy from swampbutt after a day's ride in hot, humid weather.

Overall I like 'em, especially for wearing under casual baggy shorts, jeans or trousers. But I'll look for something similar with less padding.

No idea yet about durability.

For now I'd give the Baleaf padded undershorts 3.5 out of 5 stars, deducting mainly for the excessive padding that holds perspiration too long.