Thread: Blood Sugar
View Single Post
Old 06-20-16, 10:16 AM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
I have my own thoughts about blood sugar, or, let me put it this way , any human limitation... We are made of flesh and bone, we are Not made of Metal, we have limitations, we do the best we can, but motorists IMHO need to be reminded of this simple fact.
A couple a human limitations:
1) If the cyclist needs a running start to get up a hill, of course he's going to be pissed if you make him stop,
2) If it's a hot day, the only air movement to cool off the cyclist is the forward motion of the bike. of course he's going to be pissed off if you make him stop,
3) On a cold day, the cyclist needs to keep moving to stay warm, he ain't gonna like it if you make him wait in a snowbank,
4) Not every cyclist can do a perfect trackstand, if he has to stop, un-cleat, and put a toe down for balance, he might crush his tsticle, and you know he ain't gonna like that , not one bit...
and 5) the aforementioned low blood sugar, and add low water/dehydration, the cyclist only has so much endurance, and can "hit the wall" just like a runner, he's just gotta keep going, if he stops he bonks, it takes full concentration and full willpower to keep moving. Maybe he's an ultra endurance cyclist, or maybe he's just a regular guy having a bad day...

I'd like to apologize for using the male pronoun in this list, feel free to replace that word with "She".

99% of motorists are okay, it's that other one percent, "what are they thinking?"
I am trying to think of a way to remind certain drivers that people are limited by the fact that they are only human...
Not that it matters much, I really suppose the message will go in one ear and out the other...

I' just trying to compose a helpful reminder to motorists, if anyone thinks they can phrase it better, please do.