View Single Post
Old 06-21-16, 05:40 PM
Ride-Fly

Bikes: Colnago Mix, Dean El Diente Ti S&S, Lynskey Cooper CX Disc Ti S&S, Mondonico Futura Legerro, DeRosa Primato, Tommaisini Tecno, Ciöcc Mokva80, Colnago Classic, Brompton M6L, Bob Jackson Audax End-E

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller

Peugeot UO-8, one of the biggest sellers of the 70's bike boom. For an inexpensive bike it worked remarkably well. With upgrades it overreached its humble origin. Peugeot eventually upgraded it to the UO-9 and UO-10, changing to allow wheels and crank, other nice features. They also sold it as the UE-8 and the UO-18. One was a touring version, the other a mixte, but I can never remember which was which. They sold a cheaper version called the AO-8 which had non-QR wheels, cheaper rims and crank, same frame but with less chrome.

That was my new UO-8 in 1972 IIRC. (I'm a bit fuzzy about the date. It's been a while.) I upgraded it with alloy wheels, derailleurs, seatpost, crank, handlebar, pedals w/toe clips & straps. I still ride it.
How's the UO-8 compared to a PX-10? There's a nicely restored one in Seattle's CL for $400.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (20.2 KB, 24 views)