View Single Post
Old 06-24-16, 03:34 PM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by kaos joe

A young (24) co-worker of mine, bike commuter (8 mile trip), intrigued by but completely inexperienced with long distance riding, decided a couple of months ago that dammit, he was going to scratch that itch while he can and do a loooooong ride...... in a week he and a friend are pointing their bikes at the Pacific Ocean. I'll be rooting for them.
Well, they're underway! They left on Monday from near Metuchen NJ and are following (roughly) the East Coast Greenway. As of today they were in Baltimore, and are planning on passing through DC and then picking up the ACA TransAmerica route.

As for me I'm still employed and had to recover from one of my patented 18 hour overnight-into-the-next-day work marathons, and I slept till noon. Appalling. So, I took a relaxing ride up to CSH Laboratory & back, 35 slow miles so I'll be fresh tomorrow. Wonderful breeze even when it was a headwind.

I'd also like to report that the previously crappy RT 108 (Harbor Rd) is now freshly paved from end to end. They were putting the finishing touch on a spot in the middle and had it closed to traffic, but a wonderfully cheerful flag woman waved me on thru, and I rode the whole thing without a single car passing.

Last edited by kaos joe; 06-24-16 at 03:43 PM.