Old 06-26-16, 04:54 PM
loky1179

Bikes: 2x Bianchi, 2x Specialized, 3x Schwinns

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert C
So far Elio is just vaourware. I was excited about it a couple of years ago; but there seems to be nothing there. As far as a basic vehicle and a trailer for those "big haul" projects, I did that for years.

This week I needed a pick-up. I went to u-haul and rented one for a couple of hours. It may seem expensive; but compared to keeping my own truck sitting around, it was a bargain.
Originally Posted by KD5NRH
Yeah; if they'll get something to market, I want one, but the "next fall" every year has worn way thin. I still like the concept, though, and wish others would pick it up and run with it.
I feel the same way. I was excited about Elio when I first heard about; now I'm pretty sure it is either a pipe dream, or a scam ala Eestor or Aptera.

It especially seems like a scam, because this HAS been done before, manufactured in my very own community! They had a reunion a couple years ago here; I saw a bunch of these drive by my house, still on the road 35 years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HM_Vehicles_Free-way

These were produced without CAD/CAM, so it is hard to believe that something similar (and better) couldn't be produced today. But $2 / Gallon gas will not help.