Old 06-26-16, 05:55 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Had a funny experience on the bike today - road 50 miles down to seal beach and back and the headwind going down was intense! I caught up to and passed a few people... on the presumption that the actual speedy folks get out early in the morning to avoid the heat. I caught up to one young gent on a Felt TT bike, full aero helmet, the works. I passed him, and when the wind kicked up again and I slowed, he passed me back, so I followed him for a little bit and then he slowed down and I passed him. Kind of nice to have a little motivation on an otherwise hot dull day. I stopped at the turn around point at seal beach to eat a bar and fill my bottles, he basically circled and headed right back out. He must have stopped somewhere because I eventually caught up to him again and taking full advantage of the tail wind I blew by the guy on his full TT bike with full TT helmet and all that jazz. He was probably recovering from an Ironman yesterday or something.

So the back of his sleeveless jersey, at the bottom of the middle pocket, had a comment about Rule #27 and I was hoping ALL day that it had something to do with "no bike race shall ever be preceded by a swim nor followed by a run" or maybe the one about NO SLEEVELESS JERSEYS... but it was something about socks and goldilocks. I was very disappointed.