View Single Post
Old 06-29-16, 12:22 PM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Jethro00; I was kinda surprised to see you looking to replace your current bike as it is a good one and would seem to fit your riding needs well. I have had one on several occasions.
>If you are looking for a 2bike in the sub-$1,000 range (who isn't?) I have had good long-term experience with the Santana Rio line. The steel XL/LG models with 26" wheels and upright bars are a sweet ride. You should be able to find one on eBay for $600 to $800. I have bought a good number of them on eBay for personal use and for 2Wheel needing friends. They have always been excellent and reliable regardless of how or where they were ridden. I nearly always add a pair of Schwalbe 26 x 1 3/4" Marathon Supreme tires for reliability and long wear reasons.
>> I got one Rio via eBay that was scratched up in shipment and Santana was able to quickly send me a tube of touch-up paint and a replacement set of decals for use later when I would do a full repaint.
>>One Rio arrived with the box torn open and the wheels gone by way of enroute thieves. One phone call and Santana quickly sent a set of exact replacement wheels and a matching cogset at a really decent price.