View Single Post
Old 06-30-16, 05:01 AM
SkunkWerX

Bikes: Trek DS 8.5 Scott Hybrid Thunderbolt folder '75 Schwinn Varsity '95 Schwinn cruiser '58 Wstrn Flyr...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by esthetique
that may be overload
Small sips maybe? I could never do that with a bottle, just due to the constant hassle involved.
For longer fitness rides I use a camelbak, THEN I can take small sips at shorter intervals.

I probably don't drink as much as I should, 50% of the time it's dry-mouth that makes me drink.
First sip rinses the mouth and gets spit out. Second sip is actual intake.

They always say, "Drink before you feel thirsty" ... easier said than done in my experience.
It's a habit that has to be developed.

I try to make sure i am hydrated before leaving. If morning, i have a cup or two of coffee an hour beforehand (addicted to the stuff) , 20 mins prior to ride I eat a banana, they have natural sugars, potassium and other goodies.... and they are easy on the digestive system. before getting on bike I take a good sip of water.
Pre-ride hydration is important in my book. Rode yesterday, mid day. This morning urine is yellow, hydrating now for today's ride.

Food takes more hydrating to process it. If you eat along the ride, you'll need more H2O.

That's what works for me. YMMV.