View Single Post
Old 07-01-16, 07:22 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
Another great ride filled month. 735 to be exact in June, 200 of which was a 3 day ride to Provincetown with a ferry ride to Boston followed by a ride home from there.... Anyway enjoy the nice weather and perhaps I'll bump into some of you at Ferns.
Sounds like a nice trip! One I'd like to try some day.

Had an interesting experience on my commute this morning. While I was negotiating a modest but bumpy downhill maybe a mile from the house a coyote ran across the road about 20ft in front of me with a rabbit in its mouth. Other than being peace-loving and creating a Disney-like environment the rabbits seem to be an inert element in the world here except for one thing. They, or at least these, love to eat zinnias. Zinnias are also attractants for hummingbirds and monarch butterflies (endangered even if not officially designated so). Keeping rabbits out of the zinnia patch requires some creative use of fine-mesh fencing. It's nice to see they serve another purpose in the great cycle of eat-or-be-eaten.