Old 07-01-16, 12:40 PM
DustyBottoms1

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Perdido
I'll ask my friends in Cuzco and see if anyone has ridden it. But be forewarned; the Urubamba is a very large steep valley. I don't know if you can get a sense of the scale on google earth. Even if you can ride that route, you'll be hurtin' fer certain. But you'll always have the option of turning back to Urubamba and cranking up the asphalt to Chincheros which would be challenging enough for most riders. I'll ask around and get back with you later.
Thanks for the heads up. It doesn't look too terrible on Google Earth but to your point it might not be painting the most accurate picture. I did look up the elevations though from one town to the next and I'm not really seeing much of a change, unless it's the in between parts that I have to look out for. I was thinking I would shoot up to Maras from Urubamba to check out the ruins and salt ponds before heading to Pichar and there's definitely a pretty big elevation change...I think it was around 3000' of climb over a 10 mile stretch.

Thanks for looking into this further and many thanks for all of the info you've hooked me up with already!!!