Old 07-02-16, 04:02 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
A question to Prius owners as the Prius seems like a popular bike car. How has the reliability been? Anybody own one out of warranty? and/or had to replace the battery?...or any of the costly electronics?
Thanks
Mine has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Only 1 non-standard repair has been required, and that was with the traditional 12v battery (not the bigger battery pack) which seemed to be slightly defective. Have owned it from 15,000 to 120,000 miles.

Consumer Reports also says it's one of the most reliable vehicles you can buy.

There's also a number of things that reduce maintenance costs. Because of the regenerative braking system the brake pads basically never need to be replaced because they're only used in emergency stops. I think the transmission is more reliable than a traditional design. There was something else I'm blanking on.

Consumer Reports claims it's one of the least expensive cars to own:
10 Things You Need to Know About the Toyota Prius - Consumer Reports

I own the 2009 model, and there are a small number of things I don't like about it (which include non of the b.s. complaints about the car radio shock jocks like to pretend it has issues with), just like every single car I've ever owned, but it's been extremely reliable.