Thread: Addiction LX
View Single Post
Old 07-03-16, 06:58 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Haven't tried any of those. The problem with chicken is that it just doesn't taste like much of anything. The texture, flavor, and really everything else is just completely inferior to beef or bison.
We had grilled chicken tonight- coated in oil, fresh dill & chives, crushed garlic and fennel pollen. Then with a squeeze of lemon juice at the end. It tasted like summer.

Funny thing, I came back from vacation determined to eat healthier. Mostly I was thinking more veg. But the natural grocery store had walnuts on sale, so I went there to pick up walnuts and one thing led to another & I also picked up a bottle of walnut oil. Omega 3s.

Then I got home and read about walnut oil & how it's perishable and youve gotta use it up quick. Yikes. Stress. This led to googling walnut oil recipes. Which in turn led to making an orange walnut cake. Mmm dessert. Orange walnut cake topped with fresh whipped cream, blueberries & chopped crystallized ginger. Very healthy.

More googling led to making lemon-tarragon walnut oil mayo. Now we're very very healthy.

Sandwiches of sliced rotisserie chicken, lettuce & tomato on toasted sourdough with lemon-tarragon mayo. For dinner last night. Mmm.

Today for lunch made a dip by mixing buttermilk with the mayo & adding chives and dill. Big pile of crudités for lunch. Actually decently healthy. But also cheesy toasts, a total secret ingredient type recipe in which you lightly toast some bread (in this case sourdough) and schmear it with a mix of mayo & cheese (in this case lemon-tarragon mayo and an awesome aged parmesan-like goat cheese from the farmers market) then run it under the broiler. Very very very healthy. Not really but delicious.

Dressed some boiled Yukon gold potatoes with the buttermilk herb dressing, tasty potato salad to go with the grilled chicken.

So in the end, I wound up using 3/4 of the bottle of walnut oil and 3/4 of the mayo in 48 hours. You can see how healthy I've become.