revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by wished
I can't really speak the ingredients in G'ade but I know it's loaded with sugar. The Feds made us take all the soda machines out of the schools so the students would only have "healthy" options, which they think includes G'ade. Some of our high school kids will drink several bottles a day, tons of useless calories, and America wonders why teens are getting fatter and fatter. Also makes a sticky mess if they ever spill any, draws bees to the bottles in the trash, and fills up the trash stream since the local recyclers will not take G'ade bottles for some reason. I really encouraged my students to drink water, from the water fountains that were all over the school.

I guess on a long sweaty ride then the drinks do some good, but I just personally can't stand the stuff . . . tastes like flat orange soda. I'll stick to water and use candy bars for my sugar load. Each to their own I guess?
Originally Posted by icyclist
If I wanted to gain weight, I'd definitely consider Gatorade as a quick way to accomplish that. ;-)
FWIW, it has fewer calories than the same amount of regular soda. I see people drinking it as an alternative to soda, and thinking about all the unneeded electrolytes they're consuming makes my skin crawl. A "health" drink it ain't. I restrict it to hard, sweaty rides/races where I need what it has.

Demain, on roule!