Old 07-05-16, 07:53 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked 854 Times in 598 Posts
As Azreal911 has shown, not all designs are a success. A folding bike is desireable, and a partial folder, not so much. That is, unless a new idea shows up perhaps. Me, either a full-on folder, or a non-folding bike. I will do rotating/collapsing handlebars, quick release wheels, etc. But, these are all easily done mods ANY bike owner can do. It's just about how easily the parts are available,...and they're not. I had to figure out, on my own, how to mod my full sized folding bike stem to rotate (using a quick release, as an allen key will eventually strip the handlebar stem), so I could get it on a train that has restrictions on the type of bike I can bring on during the hours I'm REQUIRED to ride it. I figured out a solution, and no one else knew what to do. People here in the forums tried to assist, but my easy solution wasn't well known.

You have a personal desire to do something that has been attempted before with little to no success. Create a few mods on your own. See how they work,...then see if people are interested. 99% of the middle of the road ideas just don't make it, no matter how well thought out and practical they are.